Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ain't nuttin no good?--Hers


In the first couple of weeks after finding out about the cancer.  I went on an information feeding frenzy about food.  Yep,  it seems that many folks feel that you truly are what you eat.  Furthermore, it seems that what the average American eats is the perfect diet to grow cancer!  Fact:  Our diet is killing us by the droves!

I read that sugar feeds cancer.  Sugar is gone from diet...CHECK.  Red meat makes your body more acidic and cancer grows better in an acidic environment.  Red meat gone...CHECK.

As a matter of fact, many believe that a balanced ph or even better slightly alkaline is the best way to fight cancer.  So I looked up food to eat and foods to avoid.  Avocado in,  Cheese out!

Drink apple cider vinegar,  Don't drink milk.  Drink water with lemons in it...DON'T DRINK LEMONADE!  

Do not eat any flour products.    Eat whole plant based food.

Juice ...Juice....juice!!!

So I did it all.  And then it hit me.  I got sick as a dawg!   NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT DETOX!!!

Yep....I detoxed in a big ugly ...very ugly way.  

So I slowed down on the new food introductions and found a happy medium.  And it IS making me feel better.

I have switched to a MOSTLY plant-based diet.  I permit about 10% of white meat but red meat is still off the list.

We go to the farmers market and get fresh organic veggies and that is what I eat most of the time.  I have found that I love greens and lima beans or peas of some sort.  Pinto Beans are da bomb.

Salads are great and I turn to fruit if I need a sweet after a meal.

Here are some of my fav cheats.  Because you have to have a cheat...

Sunday I get chicken.   I am Baptist....of course I get chicken on Sunday!  One piece, preferably a leg.

And I have found these great biscuits (cookies) called digestibles. Only 5 grams of sugar per large cookie so I allow myself a cookie every now and then.

I drink water.  Period.   Oh and I also drink water with baking soda added.  1 teaspoon per 8 oz.

Again in a effort to swing to the alkaline side of things.

I have noticed that I feel better and my body is giving me positive signs that this new change of diet is the right choice.

But I have to tell you...this afternoon I dreamed of a big plate of food that looked soooo good and I wanted it soooo bad but then I was called away from the table and when I came back my food was taken away by the waiter.   Do you think my body was telling my mind....look...you don't need that stuff , NOT EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment