Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Cha..cha..Cha..Changes ...Turn and face the strange.--Hers

     Yesterday I was determined to put on "my face" as we good ol southern gals call putting on our make-up.  I have just finished my 10 days of YUCK commonly known as nadir following my 4th treatment of Chemo.  I reached my mascara and started to try to apply it and there was nothing happening.  There are no eyelashes left to hold the mascara.   I haven't had thick dark eyelashes since I was younger but I always had some...but no more.  They too have become a victim of my chemo infusions.  At first I was a bit shocked but overall lack of lash is a small concern.   I am thankful that so far I seem to be responding well to chemo.  The doctors were not sure I would.

So I am trying to think of ways to use my make-up so that I don't end up looking like ziggy stardust with no lashes or eyebrows.

I have seen where there are stencils that you can use to draw on your eyelashes.  That might work becuase the last thing I want are scary  Joan Crawford/Bette Davis brows as seen in the old classic  "What ever happened to Baby Jane?".  And my hands are not always the most steady so this could really happen.

I have used fake lashes in the past and they are a bit tricky.  Do they make fake lashes that look more normal then lashes that zigzag or end in sparkly stones?

In the end in may be time for me to stop trying to maintain normal and just embrace the changes, no matter how strange.  The point is....I am alive to embrace ANYTHING....and so I am still in the game.   And I have been told they will grow back.  So maybe I could have a little fun with the whole Ziggy thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment