Saturday, July 25, 2015

Why I sing--His

Why I sing. Today, I sat two feet from heaven, singing in the sun. The heaven today, as in other days when I sing, is the inspiration that is my wife. While undergoing treatment for cancer, my wife is in as strong a voice as ever and sharing her passion with the world. I'm privileged to sing and share life with her. In the shade we sat for two hours and played and sang to folks who were walking around. Who does that while battling cancer? Those who continue to live. Music is salve for our souls as well as others. Here are a few instances of my wife's impact through music: With Linda singing by my side at a private concert, I've watched a Romanian general brought to tears by our rendition of "Let It Be." At an assisted living facility, I've watched a non-speaking patient start to sing. Today, a little boy stopped in mid gait and turned around and started dancing to our music. Linda handed him a tambourine. Then he insisted on hanging around to do another song and requested the washboard. I once sang with a Grand Ole Opry star who told me that 90 percent of the work of a musician is interacting with people. It's a people job and I watch in amazement as my wife interacts with folks at our gigs. And then I get to sing with Linda.


No comments:

Post a Comment